If you died right now, do you know with absolute certainty you would go to Heaven? On Sunday, June 28, at 9:00 a.m., South Bay Bible Church will begin a new teaching series, Be Real: Exposing Christianity For What It Really Is. Join us in person at South Bay Bible Church, 578 Montauk Highway, East Moriches, on Sundays at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. or online at southbaychurchli.org/livestream.
So many are unsure about their ultimate destination; in fact, it makes most very uneasy and even frightened. The good news is it doesn’t have to scare you. This is the reason the Apostle John wrote the letter that ultimately became known as First John. In it he says, “I write these things to you … so that you may know that you have eternal life (1 John 5:13).”
Join us for this enlightened series. Be Real explores ten weeks of biblical truth designed to show the evidence John points to that reveals true, saving faith.
1. It’s Real (1 John 1:1-4) – June 28: “Once upon a time” just doesn't cut it anymore. We want something real. Make-believe just doesn't satisfy the curiosity of adults. Satisfy your quest for reality with this important lesson.
2. Walking and Talking (1 John 1:5-2:6) – July 5: Every life-form as enemies. Our greatest enemy may not be what you think. In this study, learn how to conquer your greatest enemy in this life.
3. Something Old, Something New (1 John 2:7-11) – July 12: Love? What does it mean? “How can a man use the same word to express his love for his wife as he uses to tell how he feels about baked beans?” In Something Old, Something New, we'll learn the nuances of what Christ meant when he issued the command to, “love one another.”
4. The Love God Hates (1 John 2:12-17) – July 19: There is a wrong kind of love, a love God hates. Learn what it is and how to shun it at all costs.
5. Truth or Consequences (1 John 2:18-29) – July 26: Many do not believe it matters what you really “believe,” just so long as you sincerely believe it. Does personal philosophy really matter? It actually makes all the difference in the world.
6. The Pretenders (1 John 3:1-10) – August 2: Counterfeit Christians. Can you spot the difference? Is there really such a thing? In this message, grasp how to be self-aware enough to tell if you are counterfeit in your faith.
7. Love or Death (1 John 3:11-24) – August 9: There are four possible levels of relationship on which a person may live. The first two are not Christian at all. The third is less than Christian, and only the last is compatible with true Christian love. Come and explore how to live on the ultimate relational level and experience the fullness of God's happiness.
8. Getting to the Bottom of Love (1 John 4:1-16) – August 16: In this section, the Apostle John uncovers and teaches us the foundation of Christian love. In this lesson, master the secret of growing in your love for God.
9. Love, Honor, and Obey (1 John 4:17-5:5) – August 23: Mature love is the great universal need. In First John, the Apostle has much to share with us in how God perfects perfect love in each of us. Through such perfect love, one can live honest and open with confidence and all fear abandoned. Don't miss this lesson!
10. What Do You Know for Sure? (1 John 5:6-21) – August 30: “Nothing is certain but death and taxes,” said Benjamin Franklin. Is he right? What if there's more certainty in life than just death and taxes. In this sermon, pastor will provide us five Christian certainties on which we can build our lives on with great confidence.
We want your first experience at South Bay Bible Church to be uplifting and positive, so we have compiled a few commonly asked questions.
If you have a question that is not listed, please email your question to email@example.com, and we will do our best answer your question within a day or two.
We start off with singing. SBBC has a full band with a variety of musical styles. You will notice the band and worship team plays a mix of updated hymns along with current songs and choruses. A Volunteer Minister will welcome and greet the congregation with an inspirational thought and prayer. At that point, our Senior Pastor gives a 30-35 minute message designed to be relevant, inspirational, and useful to daily life. We end with a few announcements for the week, offering, and usually a special song.
Walk in the doors at SBBC, and you will see a wide variety of clothing choices, from shorts and flip-flops (in the summer of course) to dresses and ties. Be comfortable! The pastor does not even wear a coat and tie! What's most important is that you come to meet with God, lean in, and listen to what He has to teach you. We want the service to be our gift to you and for you to leave knowing God loves you, and it's not about what you wear.
We have a nursery for newborns to four years old that begins 15 minutes before the Sunday morning service. We also have Kid's Club for kindergarten through fifth grade that begins after the music during the Sunday morning service. After the music, we call all the children forward in the service, pray for them, and send them to the Kid's Club area with trained teachers for a lesson on their level. We take the safety and security of your child very seriously. All children's workers undergo a full criminal (national) background check.
We have five ways you can get involved in the church right away. First, let us WELCOME you to one of our regular services on Sunday at 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m., or online anytime. Second, CONNECT with us in the orientation class, which is offered one time every month. The time and place is on the church calendar and announced at our services. Third, GROW with us at a Community Connection group. These are groups of eight to twelve people who meet weekly to study the Bible and live life together. Fourth, SERVE with us by joining with a church ministry team. Fifth, INVITE someone to church or win someone to Jesus. Click on the Welcome, Connect, Grow, Serve, and Invite links for more information in each of these areas.