What time is it? Where did all the time go? Does time really fly when you’re having fun? Beginning Sunday, September 19, at 9:00 and 11:00 a.m., South Bay Bible Church, 578 Montauk Highway, East Moriches, will begin a five-part teaching series entitled, Time Flies: Don’t Waste Another Second, designed to help you number your days with incredible precision and divine purpose.
Maybe we think about time so much because there never seems to be enough of it. Maybe there’s only one question we need to ask. What am I doing with my time?
Simple question? Easy answer? It’s time you found out. In this five-part series, Time Flies: Don’t Waste Another Second, Pastor Hawley will help you discover the answer. Don’t waste another second.
“There is something more important than knowing what time it is. It’s knowing what to do with your time,” said Martin Hawley, senior pastor.
If you’re interested in living life with more purpose, join us for Time Flies: Don’t Waste Another Second:
1. There’s Only so Much (Job 7:6, 9:25; Psalm 90:1-6, 10-12) – September 19: Time is your most valuable asset. Invest it well. Invest it in something bigger than your lifetime.
2. Prioritizing is Everything (Job 7:6, 9:25; Psalm 90:1-6, 10-12) – September 26: Priority determines capacity. The secret to getting more done is not adding; it’s prioritizing correctly.
3. Frequent Deposits (Ephesians 5:15-17) – October 3: There is a cumulative value to investing small amounts of time in certain activities over a long period. Small deposits in certain activities over time are the best use of your time.
4. In Sync with God (Exodus 1:7, 13-24, 27) – October 10: The New Testament teaches that we’ve all been designed with special abilities. We are all better at some things than others. Figuring this out and working in sync with God leads to more productivity and fulfillment.
5. Live on Purpose (Ecclesiastes) – October 17: Our days are numbered, but they have been numbered by God. They have been numbered with a purpose – a purpose that is connected to something bigger than your life – a purpose beyond what you can see.
We want your first experience at South Bay Bible Church to be uplifting and positive, so we have compiled a few commonly asked questions.
If you have a question that is not listed, please email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best answer your question within a day or two.
We start off with singing. SBBC has a full band with a variety of musical styles. You will notice the band and worship team plays a mix of updated hymns along with current songs and choruses. A Volunteer Minister will welcome and greet the congregation with an inspirational thought and prayer. At that point, our Senior Pastor gives a 30-35 minute message designed to be relevant, inspirational, and useful to daily life. We end with a few announcements for the week, offering, and usually a special song.
Walk in the doors at SBBC, and you will see a wide variety of clothing choices, from shorts and flip-flops (in the summer of course) to dresses and ties. Be comfortable! The pastor does not even wear a coat and tie! What's most important is that you come to meet with God, lean in, and listen to what He has to teach you. We want the service to be our gift to you and for you to leave knowing God loves you, and it's not about what you wear.
We have a nursery for newborns to four years old that begins 15 minutes before the Sunday morning service. We also have Kid's Club for kindergarten through fifth grade that begins after the music during the Sunday morning service. After the music, we call all the children forward in the service, pray for them, and send them to the Kid's Club area with trained teachers for a lesson on their level. We take the safety and security of your child very seriously. All children's workers undergo a full criminal (national) background check.
We have five ways you can get involved in the church right away. First, let us WELCOME you to one of our regular services on Sunday at 8:00, 9:30, 11:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m., or online anytime. Second, CONNECT with us in the orientation class, which is offered one time every month. The time and place is on the church calendar and announced at our services. Third, GROW with us at a Community Connection group. These are groups of eight to twelve people who meet weekly to study the Bible and live life together. Fourth, SERVE with us by joining with a church ministry team. Fifth, INVITE someone to church or win someone to Jesus. Click on the Welcome, Connect, Grow, Serve, and Invite links for more information in each of these areas.