Your tithes and gifts make a REAL difference at South Bay Bible Church and are vital to the every-day ministry of our church. We ask that you would prayerfully consider how God is leading you to give.
OR - Just text the word GIVE to 315-847-3097. Instructions will immediately be sent to your mobile device.
If you are having any problems or need assistance with online giving, you can send an email to our finance team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (631) 909-8241.
Tithing & Stewardship
The Bible teaches, "The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives (Deuteronomy 14:23 TLB)." Tithing is a reminder that God is the supplier of everything we have. It is also God's personal invitation to an outpouring of His blessing in your life.
The baseline standard for giving in Scripture is "the tithe," which is derived from the Hebrew word ma'aser. It literally means "the tenth." The first ten percent of everything belongs to the Lord.
When we give the first 10% of our income to the church, we put God first in our lives. Tithing is an act of worship that expresses our gratitude, faith, and love for others.
The ministry of South Bay Bible Church is funded by God's provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful church members and attenders.
Because of your generous and consistent giving, we are able to do all these ministries at South Bay Bible Church, including:
- Building a solid Biblical foundation for children in our weekly Children's Church and Good News Club.
- Partnering with local community ministries and organizations to meet the physical and spiritual needs of our area.
- Providing weekly worship service to share the hope of Christ with our city, and lead them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Sharing Christ with our city through large outreach projects and special events.
- And much, much more!
At South Bay Bible Church we honor God's provision through your giving by exercising
wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability, so
the financial integrity of South Bay Bible Church remains beyond reproach.
Getting Started with Online and Automated Giving
At South Bay Bible Church the best way to give is by automating your giving. There are two ways to automate your giving:
There are great benefits to online giving for both you and our church ...
- Faithfully Honoring God - When you sign up to give online, you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the "First Fruits" of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God automatically.
- Simplicity - You won't have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you're on a trip. Plus, you can easily track and adjust your giving at any time.
- Security - We utilize an encryped secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift cannot be lost or stolen.
- Focus - Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping South Bay Bible Church - Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
Automated Bank Debit
Automated Bank Debit is the easiest and most effective way to automate your giving. Once it is set up, you may update or change your giving at any time by simply contacting the South Bay Bible Church office. To sign-up, either use the online form or complete an auto-debit form and mail or fax the completed form to the church office to have your giving automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Complete instructions are below:
A Note About Credit Cards
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit cards for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
Online Giving Privacy Policies
Your information is held securely in our online environment. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions. You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us at email@example.com or (631) 909-8241.