Resources for Drug Addiction
South Bay Bible Church recognizes that drug abuse is a very serious problem on Long Island, and we have compiled a list of resources to help people dealing with this issue.
Darryl Strawberry's Story:
Helpful Blog Articles:
- How to Help Your Teen Overcome Drug Addiction in Suffolk County, New York (Available 6/28)
- Overcoming Drug Addiction in Suffolk County, New York
- Five Ways to Overcome a Bad Habit
- Best Five Ways of Deal with Stress
- Four Ways to Deal with Difficult People
Helpful Teaching Series:
- Blessed are the Peacemakers
This is for people struggling with broken or dysfunctional relationships.
- Game Plan: Discover God's Will & Your Purpose in Life
This helps you find direction in life with confidence.
- Stress to Rest: Escape the Fractured, Stress-Filled Existence
If you are stressed-out, this series will help you find rest for your weary heart.
- Twisted: Lies that Get Intertwined in Our Everyday Lives
This helps you learn how to recognize and overcome common lies that cloud decisions.
- Why Worry: Keys to Overcoming Worry
Discover where worry comes from, what you can do about it, and how to conquer it.
- 30-Day Church Challenge: Reach Your Potential
This helps you take simple steps that will make you a better person and reach new potential.
Recommended Detox Facilities:
- Alternatives Counseling Services, Riverhead; (631) 369-1200
- Maryhaven, Riverhead, (631) 727-4044 or (631) 727-0710
- Long Island Center for Recovery, Hampton Bays; (631) 728-3100
- Seafield Center, Westhampton; (631) 288-1122
- Peconic Bay Medical Center, Riverhead; (631) 288-1122
- Seafield Center, Blue Point & Patchogue; (631) 363-2001
- Seafield Center, Medford; (631) 451-6007
Recommended Addictions Counseling:
- Biblical Counseling
Lou Samaritano, Lead Counselor
South Bay Bible Church; 578 Montauk Highway, East Moriches, NY 11940
Call (631) 909-8241 to Schedule.
Recommeded Live-In Program:
- Long Island Teen Challenge, West Babylon; (800) 452-3363; (631) 321-1051
Recommended Celebrate Recovery Programs:
- Celebrate Recovery - National Website: (www.celebraterecovery.com)
- Living Water Church, 24 Shade Tree Lane, Riverhead; (631) 722-4969 x206
- The Journey Church House, 420 Columbus Avenue, East Patchogue; April Victor; (631) 484-8063
- Church on the Sound, 335 Oxhead Road, Stony Brook; (631) 941-4100
- Smithtown Gospel Tabernacle, 1 Higbie Drive, Smithtown; Janis Chalgren; firstname.lastname@example.org
Moriches Bay in the kNOw
There is another organization in our community that I would like to highlight: Moriches Bay in the kNOw. Their mission is to prevent teen substance use and educate parents about the dangers of drugs in our communities and what they can do to help. Kathleen Johnson helps lead this wonderful organization. For more information, please visit their Facebook Page.